Thursday 20 February 2014

Big Pips blanket.

     So here's one of my on going projects. I started it back in July for my gorgeous Bip Pip! I've made lots of baby blankets which The Pips both share, but I wanted to make one that was just for my big girl.


When I asked Big Pip which colours she'd like, she asked for pink...well anyone who knows me knows I have an issue with the colour pink! I like it really, but detest how it's seen as a 'girly colour.' Anyway, I'm not going to go into it as I could easily write an essay on the matter! I decided to use the pinks which she asked for, but balance them out with some blues and lilac. I'm really pleased with this palette, as is Big Pip.


I was inspired by this beautiful blanket created by Lucy over at Attic24. What an amazing crocheter she is!


Each time I show Big Pip the progress I have made on the blanket, her eyes light up and she says 'It's ready now, I can use it on my bed!' What a sweetheart! Though it still has tails all over the place, Big Pip now uses it when she has a kip.
  
                               

It's nearly complete! I feel bad as sometimes other projects take priority because they have deadlines, but I'm getting there!


I've completed three of my intended six rounds of border... I'm wondering whether to leave it there? I kinda like it like this! Or am I chickening out? Hmm...

What are you working on at the moment?
       

No comments:

Post a Comment